What is a Patient Portal?
The Patient Portal is a web-based system that allows for secure communication and transfer of information between The Medical Group of Kankakee County and our patients. When you log into the Portal with your private user name and password, you will be able to access certain information pulled right from your electronic medical record at the clinic.
What features does the Portal Offer?
- Messaging functions to communicate with clinic staff
- Various lab and other diagnostic test results will be available for viewing unless further explanation by your Provider is required
- Request a medication refill
- View your health summary information and medications
- Ask a billing question
- Ask a non-emergency question
- Make a suggestion about the Portal
How secure is the Patient Portal?
All messages sent to you will be encrypted. Your email address is confidential and protected information. We will protect this information as we do all of your medical and other personal information. The Patient Portal can only be accessed through a secure, password-protected site.
How do I sign up for the Patient Portal?
You may call either the Herscher or Bradley office and ask to be set up with our patient portal. An account will be set up and a notification will be sent to the email address you have provided.