What is a Patient Portal?
A Patient Portal is a web-based system that allows for secure communication and transfer of information between The Medical Group of Kankakee County and our patients. When you log into the Portal with your private user name and password, you will be able to access certain information pulled right from your electronic medical record at the clinic.
What features does the Portal Offer?
· Messaging functions to communicate with clinic staff
· Various lab and other diagnostic test results will be available for viewing unless further explanation by your Provider is required
· Add an appointment request to a wait list
· Request a medication refill or referral
· View your health summary information and medications
· Ask a billing question
· Ask a non-emergency question
· Make a suggestion about the Portal
How secure is the Patient Portal?
All messages sent to you will be encrypted. Your email address is confidential and protected information. We will protect this information as we do all of your medical and other personal information. The Patient Portal can only be accessed through a secure, password-protected site.
How do I sign up for the Patient Portal?
An authorization agreement must be completed before access to the Portal is granted. After we receive your authorization agreement, an account will be set up and a notification will be sent to the email address you have provided. To obtain an authorization agreement, please visit either the Herscher or Bradley office and complete your Portal sign up. We have the Patient Portal Authorization Agreement form and more information about the Portal on our site for your convenience.